:: Search This Blog ::

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Trick or Treat!


Do you remember your favorite Halloween costume growing up? My mom had a sewing machine when I was younger, and whipped me up some pretty neat costumes. The outfits that I remember most are; white bunny rabbit, Pocahontas, clown, and genie. The tricky part came on the day of Halloween. Depending on the ever changing Washington weather, each costume had to have a layering system that didn't take away from the coolness of the outfit, but allowed for a comfortable warmness. When you're in California, all those rules fly right out the window with the warm California breeze.

Aaron isn't a big fan of Halloween as it is. If we dress up, I always have to think of the idea and bring it to life with little or no help. This year, my cousin invited us over to her house, to enjoy trick or treat night. No adults costumed, just a glass of wine, a big batch of homemade chili, and some great company. Her little guys are the cutest, and were such a joy to be around for the evening. Her eldest was dressed as a cowboy, and her youngest was dressed as a cow. You didn't have to look around all the layers to figure out what they were. It was apparent. They were joyful, loved little boys in costume, that didn't care as much about the candy as they did a good story.

Aside from the good food, great company, and adorable little boys, I'm sure the best part of Halloween for Aaron, was that he didn't have to dress up. But for me, the best part was that I didn't have to wear any sort of jacket!

No comments:

Post a Comment