:: Search This Blog ::

Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Joys of Public Housing...


I have been a very blessed girl. All through out my life, I have lived in a private residence, minus a couple years that my mom and I lived in a duplex. The amenities of living in a house include; privacy, no noise from neighbors that are 'attached' to you, control of utilities, and in our case, more space. With that being said, neither Aaron nor myself had experienced apartment style living, let alone hotel living.

After fulfilling our month long contract in the Extended Stay located in Dublin, Aaron and I moved to an Extended Stay Deluxe in Pleasanton. The hotel assistant manager was very cool, and he tried to place us in a location where we would be least bothered by other noisy guests. We very much appreciated his hospitality. The one thing we forgot to take into consideration when we moved into our new room was the phone.

Aaron had unplugged one of the phones just in case, but didn't realize that there were two phones in our room. The very first night we were staying in our new room, the phone rang around midnight. Mind you, we had already been sleeping for a few hours, because we got up to go to work around 3:00am. Needless to say, I answered the phone, and this is how the conversation went...

Me: "Hello?" (Groggy Tara voice :))
Girl: "Is this room 107?" (Non-groggy)
Me: "Yes."
Girl: "This is supposed to be my boyfriend's room." (Sounding a little worried)
Me: "Maybe he switched rooms?" (Trying to be helpful)
Girl: Silence, but not getting off the phone.
Me: "Unless your boyfriend is my husband, this is the wrong room."
Girl: Silence.
Me: "Sorry I can't help you. Goodbye." Click "Um... Aaron?"

Although I was not super happy about my sleep being interrupted, this is still something Aaron and I joke about. I'm just hoping that the poor girl figured out what room her boyfriend was in and that he didn't get dumped over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment