:: Search This Blog ::

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Happy Weekend!



The weekend is something that I find so hard to take advantage of properly. I want to fit in fun things, but I also want to get rest. If I rest too much, it cuts into the fun time. If I don't get enough rest, I'm too grumpy to enjoy the fun time. Most people probably don't over think this weekend business quite like I do, but I think what we would all agree on, is that weekends go by WAY too fast.

After working all kinds of crazy hours in Sacramento, I was definitely excited for the weekend. In March, before we left for California, Aaron and I had taken a financial class through our church. The class was called Financial Peace University, and was created by New York Times Best Selling Author, Dave Ramsey. The class encourages people to eliminate debt in their lives, and assign every dollar that comes into your household a name before the month even begins. Aaron and I became very intense about paying down our debts. This in turn, caused us to cut back on going out, or purchasing little treats for ourselves. But after a long week, we decided to reward ourselves for all our hard work.

On Saturday, we went and saw the movie "Couples Retreat." I don't remember how long it had been since the last time we went out to a movie theatre, but tickets in California were $11.50 each! Thank goodness the movie was so hysterical, it allowed me to forgive the price... a little bit. This movie was the perfect treat for us, because we have couple friends that matched up to the characters almost perfectly. It made the movie that much better, and helped us to really enjoy a restful Saturday, outside of our studio hotel room.

No comments:

Post a Comment