:: Search This Blog ::

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Slumber Party!


When you're a pre-teen, all you need for a slumber party is a sleeping bag, pillow, and fun friends. When you're in your twenties, a good slumber party consists of fun friends, a good bottle of wine, and a spare bedroom. This is true, unless of course, you are working for your family in California.

After moving to Room #3 at the Dublin, Extended Stay, Brian came back up from a weekend of fun. Since our move, it had been decided by the 'higher-ups' that Brian would not be provided his own room. He could either stay with us in our studio hotel room, or he could stay in the guest bedroom at the co-owners' home. Seeing as that Brian didn't know the co-owners all that well, we decided that he would stay with us.

When I'm at my own house, I try to be the hostess with the mostest. If you are a guest, I make sure that you have a comfy bed, fresh towels, and access to whatever else you might need. Since this mentality is part of who I am, I tried to think of how I could best accommodate Brian in our studio hotel room that had a queen sized bed, table, two stools, and one small recliner. I remembered my grandmother having a cot in her small apartment when I was younger, and asked Aaron to go to the front desk and borrow one from the hotel. Apparently, cots are a thing of the past. When Aaron asked the teenager working the front desk for a cot, he looked at him blank and said, 'You mean, like, sheets?' Seriously!?! At least he was headed in the right direction.

After spending a night on the floor, Aaron & Brian picked up a twin sized blow-up mattress from the local Wal-Mart, and for the next week, Brian slept between the end of our queen sized bed and the dresser/TV stand. Thank goodness those are two of the cleanest boys I know, because three adults in a studio hotel room, with one bathroom, can send even the easiest going person to their breaking point.

1 comment:

  1. see, GMa Dorothy taught you something good...lol...also, we know that you can not be the "easiest going" person that I know...continue the story of your adventure...it is great....

    ReplyDelete