:: Search This Blog ::

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Happy Anniversary!


Let me preface this post by saying that last year, Aaron and I had the most amazing wedding anniversary. We went down to Phoenix and Scottsdale, AZ on a golf trip. On our actual anniversary, we went to the Boulders Resort for dinner, where we were served complimentary champagne and given menus signed by the chef. It was such a cool experience, and I remember saying that night, 'This is going to be hard to top next year!'

Well, now it's 'next year.' Not only did we not top last year's anniversary celebration, we didn't even make it to the first hash mark. Although we were still 'slumber partying,' Brian was awesome, and took me to go get a card the day of. At the end of our work day, we headed back to the hotel to meet Aaron, where I gave him his card. When we got there, I was expecting some flowers possibly or at least a card for me. After discussion, he apparently didn't have as much time as he thought he did before Brian and I made it back to the hotel. Aaron and I had went shopping the weekend previously, and finally purchased a wedding band to go along with my wedding ring, that is gorgeous, and I love, but I still thought I would get a card on our actual anniversary. No card, okay, how about dinner? Nope. About an hour after we got back to the hotel, we got a phone call to all head back down to the warehouse to unload pallets of product off a semi-truck. If you are a person that is warehouse savvy, you're thinking that this should take maybe 30 minutes with a forklift. Well, no forklift had been purchased for the warehouse yet, and although the Washington warehouse manager informed the delivery company that we did not have a forklift, the company still managed to load the truck with only half of the pallets facing the correct direction. So, on my wedding anniversary, I woke up at 5am, to conclude my day by helping to unload a semi-truck with pallet jacks, until around 7pm. No fancy dinner, no plans, no card. Just me, two boys, and 20 pallets of dried fruit, nuts, and trail mix.

P.S. -- If you read this Aaron... I love you, and I'm still waiting patiently for my card :)

1 comment:

  1. you are amazing and so entertaining...Aaron I suggest that you get that card pronto...

    ReplyDelete