:: Search This Blog ::

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Thanksgiving before Halloween!?!


Every year, it feels like stores are putting out decorations for holidays before the current holiday has truly even begun. Well, this year, it wasn't just the decorations in stores that were early, the 'Walker Family Thanksgiving' was on October 18th.

This celebration happened to fall almost exactly one month after we moved down to California. Aaron's aunt & uncle were very kind, and purchased our plane tickets to return home for the festivities. I have to admit, although Washington was rainy and dreary when we arrived, it was so nice to be out of the studio hotel room and back into my own comfy bed.

'Thanksgiving' was scheduled to be on Sunday, which was the same day that we were headed back to California. I had it stuck in my head that it was beginning at 2:00pm, and that we would have to leave there by 4:30pm to catch our flight. When we arrived at 1:45pm, everyone was already sitting down eating. I couldn't believe it. Someone told me once, that if you are the type of person that is always late, you think that the world revolves around you. With that being said, I never like to be the one that people are waiting on. So, although I'm usually the person who is very 'together' in front of others, and wouldn't dare cry (unless viewing a sappy movie of course :)), I lost it. I couldn't control myself. I was 'that' person. The part that drove me even more crazy, was that being late was my breaking point. Seriously!?! I'm pretty sure I was the only one that cared we were late.

After I halfway pulled it together, we finished up the Thanksgiving feast and headed home to grab our bags and fly back to Cali.

No comments:

Post a Comment