:: Search This Blog ::

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Some things in life, you can't miss...


When I was in first grade, I met a girl that I would call my best friend. Twenty years later, I call the same girl my sister. She is a truly amazing woman. She has a contagious smile, a huge heart, and a zest for life that is unmatchable. She was my maid of honor, and as Aaron says, "She's my person."

The thing about living in a different state from the ones that you love, is more often than not, you will be unable to physically be there during important times. My sister had some very important news that was scheduled to be available the day Aaron and I arrived home from California. We decided that she would come over to the house, log on to get the info, and I would read it to her. I was super nervous, because although I had very positive thoughts about the outcome, no one likes to be the bearer of bad news. The time came, we logged on, and she had read the dates incorrectly. Results were to be mailed that day, and available online three days later. This would have been fine under normal circumstances, but I was going to be back in California three days later. I was very disappointed.

The amazing thing about God, is that He knows exactly what you need and when you need it in your life. The very next day, I was driving to the store after dropping Aaron off to get his haircut, and Vanessa called. She had already received the letter in the mail. I wasn't close to home, so she put me on speaker phone as she and her mom opened the letter and read it over the phone. She passed the Washington State Bar! We were all screaming with joy and excitement over the phone. I had tears rolling down my face for the shear happiness I had for my sister. She accomplished what she set out to do in first grade. Not many people can say that.

That night we went out for a champagne toast to celebrate. And I thank God to this day that I was able to be there for her, and that He gave me such an amazing woman to share life with. I love you V!

No comments:

Post a Comment