:: Search This Blog ::

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Sugar's First Plane Ride!


When you are a child, the things that you relate to are those that surround you in your everyday world. I grew up with a big, lovable, black lab, that was my personal bodyguard. He was amazing. Because I grew up with a big dog, whenever people talked about taking their dogs on the airplane with them, I always imagined huge dogs in their kennels, traveling in their own area on the plane. Well, for our 'Walker Thanksgiving' trip back to Washington, we decided to bring Sugar on her very first plane ride. Seeing as that boarding her was basically the same price as flying her, we thought, why not?

I looked up all the info online for what steps we needed to take to bring her with us. She got her very own confirmation number, and had to fit under the seat in front of me. I have to admit that the dimensions were a little intimidating to read, and they wanted her to be able to move around in those dimensions with 'ease' was near impossible. Thank goodness for soft sided travel bags! The night before our trip, we went to the local pet store and purchased the largest doggie travel bag we could find within the airline's guidelines. We made sure we could at least zip it around Sugar, and it was a done deal. Sugar traveled very well on the way to Washington. She didn't wine or bark on the plane. The girl next to me didn't realize I even had an animal. When she did notice, she thought I had a cat. I knew Sugar wasn't super excited about this traveling in a bag idea, but once we reached home, her excitement told me that it was all worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment