:: Search This Blog ::

Friday, December 11, 2009

Nothing replaces the comforts of home...


When I was younger, whenever we would go on vacation, I would bring my teddy bear, 'Brownie.' Once I was able to drive, I never really stayed over at friends' houses, because I enjoyed the comforts of my own bed, shower, and breakfast food. After being in California for a couple of weeks, I was definitely missing some of the comforts of home.

There were some days that I wished I could just run home and grab a couple more things. On the weekends, we started going to Country Waffles, in replace of Aaron's Sunday waffle making. We had to make other little adjustments here and there to accommodate and enjoy our new home-tel lifestyle as well, but one of the luxuries we enjoy that you can also find globally, is Starbucks. The amazing thing that I love about Starbucks, is that no matter what town you're in, they provide you with consistency. So, when I was needing a home-like comfort, I went to Starbucks, and purchased my usual ::Iced-Tall-Skinny-Vanilla-Latte::. The even better part about enjoying my favorite Starbucks beverage, is that my mom supports my habit with a re-loadable Starbucks gift card. Drinking my Starbucks is like getting a hug from a couple of states away. Thanks mom for understanding the importance of having a good, consistent cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment