:: Search This Blog ::

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Little Piece of Home...



Aaron and I both grew up in Washington. We both stayed close to home for college, and we bought our first house 15 minutes from our parents. Needless to say, neither of us had the experience of building new friendships away from home. Aaron would have probably done great on his own, because guys are so much more easy going, and most of them can somehow manage to remember 75% of the useless sports trivia that they hear in their lifetime (although they never remember what you told them 5 minutes ago :)), which gives them an instant bond. I however, am absolutely terrible at making new friends. I over think every little detail from the moment I introduce myself. I fill in spots where I either don't know what to say, or can't hear what the person said and therefore have no intelligible response, with giggling. And, I have never in my life been the one to make the first move when it comes to continuing the friendship after that first introduction. I have no idea why I'm like this, but thank goodness I could put all my craziness on hold when Kris and Heather called and told us they were coming down for a visit. I was overjoyed! No awkward, "So what do you do?" conversations. We were just good friends, catching up and having some laughs.

One of the stores that Aaron delivered to while we were in NorCal was in Half Moon Bay. Heather, Kris, and I had never been there, so we decided to drive down the windy roads to the NorCal coast and enjoy this beautiful piece of real estate. The best part about driving over there was that we made it just in time for the sunset! I don't think we could have done any better as tour guides :)

Heather & Kris,
We are so glad that you two made it down! Thank you so much for bringing us a little piece of home down to California!
♥ The Walkers

No comments:

Post a Comment