:: Search This Blog ::

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

New Place = New Routines


When I was younger, I had the privilege of riding with my dad to school everyday. He has been early for anything and everything, for as long as I can remember. So, the morning routine consisted of stopping at the local donut shop every morning before being dropped off at school (I was still 30 minutes early... Thanks Dad :)). After a little while, the donut shop owner knew who I was and what I was going to order.

In NorCal, my morning routine consisted of rolling out of bed at 3:30am, I would get ready while Aaron made our pot of coffee (Don't worry, we didn't use the Extended Stay's mini-pot, we brought our own from home. Addicts? Maybe :)). I would make one pop tart, grab a banana, and be off for the day. Unlike my dad, I am not early for anything and everything, I am right on time. So, no swinging by the local coffee shop, or grabbing a donut daily.

My recognizable routine came in the afternoons, when I could be more leisurely. I didn't think it was much of a routine, but when you're living in a studio hotel room, it's the small things in life that seem a little more urgent to get out and go do. To be honest, I was a little bit embarrassed when the girl at Office Depot recognized me! From donut shop, to office supplies... Wow, I really must be getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment