:: Search This Blog ::

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Our BART Experience...


When I was younger, my mom and I would travel back and forth to West Seattle via Sound Transit. It was a rather long process, but I am so glad that I experienced using our local public transportation. To be honest, using public transportation can be quite intimidating if you've never used it before. In college, I experienced the public transportation in Philadelphia, New York, and Washington DC. Each time, I was so very grateful to have a personal tour guide.

After we visited the beach, Heather & Kris drove us back to their hotel in Downtown SF so that we could all enjoy a bite to eat together. Earlier that day, Aaron and I had decided that we would give our try at using the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) after saying our goodbyes to Kris & Heather. The terminal was right by the hotel, and the drop off was only a couple blocks from our Extended Stay.

Getting on the BART and beginning our journey back to Pleasanton was a piece of cake. Having to sit -rightnextto- the loud obnoxious drunk girl for 30 minutes, while she repeatedly said, "I want to ride the buulll! I want to ride the buulll!" while she told the story of how her grandma had rode the mechanical bull at a local bar, and how that needed to be their next stop so that she could out last her, was mildly irritating. Finally arriving at our destination, only to walk down the stairs and realize we still had to walk more than a couple of blocks to our studio hotel room, through the dark and chilly business district of Pleasanton, was discouraging. But laughing all the way there about all we had observed while people watching, was priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment